It was with much surprise that in October of 2011 we learned that our 9 year old son Francesco, while being rushed into the Intensive Care Unit at our local hospital (we thought was suffering from a case of the flu) was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, accompanied by it's faithful companions, Juvenile Hashimoto's Disease and Celiac Disease as well. Talk about a life changing event! After months of learning how to care for him both physically and emotionally, we decided to put into action a plan that would focus our efforts on doing something positive with all that we had learned on this journey living life gluten free. It is with great pleasure to introduce a gluten free website that offers:
- Gluten free foods delivered right to your door
- Gluten free foods at significantly lower prices than your local specialty shops
- Meal planning to take the guess work out of what to cook
- Easy to follow delicious gluten free recipes
- Lunch box suggestions and kid friendly gluten free favorites posted by Francesco himself!
- Travel destinations/offers and tips for traveling gluten free
- Tips and Tricks to simplify living gluten free
- A gluten free blog to exchange ideas, recipes, product suggestions, cooking tips and more!
- Gluten free gift baskets for all occasions and gluten free college care packages as well!
- Support for Juvenile Diabetes Research by donating $1 from every sale on our web site to JDRF...an organization leading the way in the fight to cure diabetes (Approximately 1 in 10 people that have Type 1 Diabetes develop Celiac Disease)
- Scholarship opportunities for those students that have exemplified endurance, creativity, and dedication to overcoming such obstacles as Diabetes and Celiac Disease