Gluten Free Fusilli with Tomato and Fresh Basil
1 lb. Schar Gluten Free Fusilli Pasta
1 pint of Grape or Cherry Tomato
1 bouquet of fresh Italian Basil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Fresh Garlic to taste
Salt and Pepper
optional:1 small container of Ricotta Cheese or a small salted, fresh mozzarella cut into cubes
1. Place large pot of salted water on stove, high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and cook until al dente.
2. While pasta is cooking, wash and cut tomatoe into halves, or bite sized pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
3. Wash and dry basil leaves. If leaves are big, rip or cut into small pieces. Add to mixing bowl.
4.Sprinkle tomato and basil with salt, pepper, and diced fresh garlic. Stir gently until mixed well.
5. After pasta is strained, place into large serving bowl. Spoon cold tomato, basil mixture generously over the hot pasta being sure to include all the juices.
6. OPTIONAL: When serving place a dallop of ricotta cheese or a handful of fresh mozzarella in the center of each serving. Buon Appetite!